Aller au contenu

Notion Myths and Heroes

Ricdelanoche

Messages recommandés

NB Ce forum étant exclusivement consacré à l'anglais, il est inutile de le préciser dans le titre de tes sujets.

Merci d'en tenir compte à l'avenir.

Bonjour tout le monde, c'est encore moi,

j'ai beaucoup hésité sur

- les their (singulier ou pluriel ? )

et après la préposition To (verbe obligatoirement à l'infinitif ou on peut mettre ing ?)

Merci d'avance, n'hésitez pas à corriger les nombreuses fautes :D

The notion, I’m going to deal with is Myths and heroes. Thus, a myth is a popular belief a tradition or a false idea, a hero is a person admired for his or her action and who is a role model. To my mind, the theme that best illustrates the notion is the America dream. That’s why this theme leads me to wonder to what extent can people have fulfilled the American dream can be considered as heroes. I will study this question along two lines. First, I will talk about the bravery of these people and then I will see the good state of mind of these people.

I) The bravery of these people

·       The people who have fulfilled the American dream must be considered as heroes due to their bravery.

→ Indeed, take Ana’s story. An article from the Newsweek, narrates the history of Ana, an illegal Mexican immigrant who arrived in the USA. To smuggle in New York city, Ana strives unflinchingly into the desert with almost nothing! Thanks to her extreme bravery, little by little she climbs up the social ladder and nowadays she has her own business. Ana epitomizes the figurehead of the American Dream. She is a genuine self-made woman.

·       If we look at the US's History, we could notice immigrants’ difficulties,

Emma Lazarus poem ‘the new colossus’ draws our attention of US’s immigrants’ condition, they are often poor and tired but they still hope. they dare and are not afraid to face danger despite they restart from scratch. The facts that US's border used to be free access with the quota’s laws in 1924, and that Ellis Island: the US's immigrant processing cent closed its door in 1954 make harder the immigrant task.

= So, the US's immigrant could be considered as genuine heroes, they fight against poverty and starvation, they never give up despite the hurdles in their paths. As pointed out Franklin Roosevelt American citizens have therefore a duty of remembrance, he said: "Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants."

Whereas we have noticed and talked about US's immigrant’s bravery, now let us come to see the good state of mind of the US's immigrants who have succeeded.

II) the good state of mind of the US's immigrants who have succeed.

·       They have achieved their dreams, but they never forget where do they from

→ For instance, Barack Obama, a brilliant student, who has lived under the poverty line, who became the 44th president of the united states, champions his stance on the immigration politic, he states loud and clear in his speech entitled helping the dreamers, he wants more social justice, especially for the youngest students, that’s why he advocates the Dream Act. Thus, he maintains the myth of the American dream for the Asylum seeker.

·       They are often unselfish and charitable people; they share their glories with the poorest.

→ The prime example is the Bill gates donation, in an air time with the BBC, The CEO of Microsoft and also one the most affluent person deals with his association called the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation which focuses on tackling serious diseases, afterward he lays stress on the humanitarian crisis of Haiti, he advises a strong invest in the health and education, in order to get out this catch 22 situation.

So, these role models, contribute to preserve the American dream with their struggles for the liberty and the pursuit of happiness, It could be objected, that is very important because as pointed out Alexis de Tocqueville, in his essay entitled ‘Democracy in America’: ‘In democracies, each generation is a new people

To sum it up and give an answer to the issue: To what extent can people have fulfilled the American dream can be considered as heroes?  I might say that nowadays political leaders like Donald Trump call into question immigration politics, thereby immigration turns out to be a controversial issue and raise mixed feeling in too many countries, as far I’m concerned, I think we should be kept in mind that the cornerstones of our society are the universal hospitality, so I’m definitely convinced that people who have fulfilled the America dream are actual heroes thanks to their bravery but also their generosity.

Modifié par JRB
Suppression du nom "anglais" dans le titre.

• E-Bahut

Bonsoir,

Il y a 12 heures, Ricdelanoche a dit :

NB Ce forum étant exclusivement consacré à l'anglais, il est inutile de le préciser dans le titre de tes sujets.

Merci d'en tenir compte à l'avenir.

Bonjour tout le monde, c'est encore moi,

j'ai beaucoup hésité sur

- les their (singulier ou pluriel ? ) < N'écris donc pas de sottise plus grosse que toi et réfléchis un peu. Tu confonds ni plus ni moins que l'adjectif possessif et le pronom possessif à leur 3ème personne du pluriel.

et après la préposition To (verbe obligatoirement à l'infinitif ou on peut mettre ing ?) < Décidément ce soir tu ne m'épargnes rien mais, même sans t'en rendre compte, tu as répondu à la première partie de ta question, c'est déjà ça. À tes révisions jeune homme, il est grand temps de t'y mettre !

Merci d'avance, n'hésitez pas à corriger les nombreuses fautes :D

The notion, I’m going to deal with is Myths and heroes. Thus, a myth is a popular belief a tradition or a false idea, a hero is a person admired for his or her action and who is a role model. To my mind, the theme that best illustrates the notion is the American dream. That’s why this theme leads me to wonder to what extent can the people who have fulfilled the American dream can be considered as heroes. I will study this question along two lines. First, I will talk about the bravery of these people and then I will see the good state of mind of these people.

I) The bravery of these people

·       The people who have fulfilled the American dream must be considered as heroes due to their bravery.

→ Indeed, take Ana’s story. An article from the Newsweek narrates the history of Ana, an illegal Mexican immigrant who arrived in the USA. To smuggle in New York city, Ana strives unflinchingly into the desert with almost nothing! Thanks to her extreme bravery, little by little she climbs up the social ladder and nowadays she has her own business. Ana epitomizes the figurehead of the American Dream. She is a genuine self-made woman.

·       If we look at the US's History, we could notice immigrants’ difficulties,

Emma Lazarus poem ‘the new colossus’ draws our attention of on US’s immigrants’ condition, they are often poor and tired but they still hope. they dare and are not afraid to face danger despite they restart from scratch. The facts that US's border used to be free access with the quota’s laws in 1924, and that Ellis Island: the US's immigrant processing cent closed its door in 1954 make harder the immigrant task. < C'est limite incompréhensible, donc à reformuler.

= So, the US's < Tu vas la refaire souvent encore celle-là ? Note que je ne la corrigerai plus. immigrants could be considered as genuine heroes, they fight fought against poverty and starvation, they never give gave up despite the hurdles in their paths. As pointed out Franklin Roosevelt American citizens have therefore a duty of remembrance, he said: "Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants."  < À ton avis, c'était aujourd'hui ?

Whereas we have noticed and talked about US's immigrant’s bravery, now let us come to see the good state of mind of the US's immigrants who have succeeded.

II) the good state of mind of the US's immigrants who have succeed.

·       They have achieved their dreams but they never forget where do they come from. < C'est une relative affirmative, pas une interrogative.

→ For instance, Barack Obama, a brilliant student, who has lived under the poverty line, who became the 44th president of the united states, champions his stance on the immigration politic, he states loud and clear in his speech entitled helping the dreamers, he wants more social justice, especially for the youngest students, that’s why he advocates the Dream Act. Thus, he maintains the myth of the American dream for the Asylum seeker.

·       They are often unselfish and charitable people; they share their glories with the poorest.

→ The prime example is the Bill Gates donation, in an air time with the BBC, The CEO of Microsoft and also one the most affluent person deals with his association called the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation which focuses on tackling serious diseases, afterward he lays stress on the humanitarian crisis of Haiti, he advises a strong invest in the health and education, in order to get out this catch 22 situation.

So, these role models contribute to preserve the American dream with their struggles for the liberty and the pursuit of happiness, It could be objected, that is very important because as  Alexis de Tocqueville pointed out in his essay entitled ‘Democracy in America’: ‘In democracies, each generation is a new people

To sum it up and give an answer to the issue: To what extent can people who have fulfilled the American dream can be considered as heroes?  I might say that nowadays political leaders like Donald Trump call into question immigration politics, thereby immigration turns out to be a controversial issue and raise mixed feeling in too many countries, as far I’m concerned, I think we should be kept keep in mind that the cornerstones of our society are the is universal hospitality, so I’m definitely convinced that people who have fulfilled the America dream are actual heroes thanks to their bravery but also their generosity. < Sauf erreur, la pierre angulaire est seule et unique.

Plus je te lis et plus j'ai la désagréable impression que tu ne fais que compiler des bouts de textes piqués ici et là sans trop te mouiller. J'espère me tromper.

Il y a 14 heures, JRB a dit :

Bonsoir,

Plus je te lis et plus j'ai la désagréable impression que tu ne fais que compiler des bouts de textes piqués ici et là sans trop te mouiller. J'espère me tromper.

Salut, dans un sens tu n'a pas tord ... Je suis pas super bon en anglais du coup j'ai appris quelques expression bateau que j'essaye de placer pour enrichir un peu et je combine en paraphrasant un peu les docs donné en cours + quelques fioritures culturels que j'affectionne , après c'est  ce qui est attendu il me semble : résumer les docs vu en classe et les organiser donc bon :/, par contre j'ai pas pomper ailleurs les phrases ou quoi que se soit :D pour la prochaine j'essayerais de faire plus simple et plus rigoureux surtout ^^

Modifié par Ricdelanoche