Aller au contenu

Littérature étrangère

ghali93

Messages recommandés

bonjour je suis actuellement en terminale L et je dois préparer deux thématiques , voici une , j'aimerai savoir si le fond et la forme sont bon et si vous trouvez des erreurs n'hésitez pas a me à les dires

Love and friendship

Foremost, I will talk about my file in general. I have chosen three texts to illustrate the notion of "Love and friendship". The writers involved in my theme are, Kate Chopin ,Jane Austen and Jack Kerouac. With those documents I'll approach the subject of the humans relationships' complexity. Thanks to that, we can ask us how are developed romantic and friendly relations in these texts. The two first texts deal with the romantic relation and the last text is about a friendly relation.

Afterward, Jane Austen, the author of the second text, was a very famous writer of the 19th century. She wrote about the world, and most especially the society that she knew and where she was living in. She gave to her heroines like Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice an indepedent voice which was never given to them before. Thanks to those heroines, she defended traditional values against stupidity, hypocrisy, absurdities and pretentions with irony in her novels. Her novel Pride and Prejudice, written in 1813 is inscribed in romantism, but it's over all a criticism of the society. Love is the center of the story : Elizabeth Bennet, the main character, coming from the hupper-class, was in love with Darcy. But she didn't tell him her feelings because they were not in the same social class, he was more fortunate. That was also why his family didn't want any relation between them, they wanted him to marry a woman with the same social class. But the marriage was almost an obligation in this time, and the both family want to marry them children.

The story of an hour is a really short story about a woman who died because of joy. We have the main characters Mrs Mallard, who is afflicted with a heart disease. Her husband is declared dead   a train crash. And the heroin is very happy indeed to learn that tragic death. At the beginning we think that Mrs Mallard died only because she was happy because her husband disappeared. But in fact, she died because she feels free. Her wedding wasn't really happy. When she was young, she was strong and intelligent but after the marriage she became subdued. This wedding was like a jail for her. So the fact that finally the cause of her misery, her husband, dies made her husband, dies made her understand that she is free; she can now live the life that she always wanted. The narrator is omniscient because we can read the thoughts and everything that is going on. The vocabulary used is sustained and there are some metaphors this novel was really appreciated by the public at large So, Chopin show that a relationship in a marriage can be sometimes be harmful.

Finally, the last text was written by Jack Kerouac in 1957. This text is inscribed in the Beat Movement, which is a counter culture, with a rejection of norms and authority, a call for freedom. In those texts, we can see that the characters enjoy the present time, multiply experiences and celebrate non-conformity and obscenity. In the 1960's, the Beats influenced the hippie counterculture. In On the Road, Kerouac shows, with the teenagers, the importance of the movement to escape from immobility. There's also a random choice of the direction : they don't know where they're going, but they're going. In fact, they're indifferent to the destination and the prefer focusing themselves on the journey itself, leaving the past aside because they feel a desire to live life to the fullest.

As a conclusion, we can say that we have seen three different situations and three different relationships the three authors show us a marriage in pride and prejudice that was maybe formerly based on love ( as well as social codes) but has become boring and more tragic form of “love” in the story of an hour where the wife is entrapped and has no time to take advantage of her new freedom and finally a friendship without conformity

• E-Bahut

Bonsoir,

Il y a 19 heures, ghali93 a dit :

Bonjour,

Je suis actuellement en terminale L et je dois préparer deux thématiques, en voici une ; j'aimerais savoir si le fond et la forme sont bons et si vous trouvez des erreurs n'hésitez pas a à me à les dires <J'espère que tu n'en commets pas autant en anglais ! :(

Love and friendship

Foremost, I will talk about my file in general. I have chosen three texts to illustrate the notion of "Love and friendship". The writers involved in my theme are Kate Chopin, Jane Austen and Jack Kerouac. With those documents I'll approach the subject of the complexity of human relationships. Thanks to that, we can ask us ourselves/wonder how are developed romantic and friendly relations are developed in these texts. <C'est une question indirecte, donc construction d'une déclarative, pas d'une interrogative The first two texts deal with the romantic relation and the last text is about a friendly relation.

Afterwards, Jane Austen, the author of the second text, was a very famous writer of the 19th century. She wrote about the world and most especially the society that she knew and where she was living in. She gave to her heroines like Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice an indepedent voice which was had never been given <antériorité dans le passé = past perfect to them before. Thanks to those heroines, she defended traditional values against stupidity, hypocrisy, absurdities and pretentions with irony in her novels. Her novel Pride and Prejudice, written in 1813 is inscribed in romantism, but it's over all a criticism of the society. Love is the center of the story : Elizabeth Bennet, the main character, coming from the hupper-class, was in love with Darcy. But she didn't tell him her feelings because they were not in the same social class, he was more fortunate wealthier. That was also why his family didn't want any relation between them, they wanted him to marry a woman with the same social class. But the marriage was almost an obligation in this time, and the both families wanted to marry them their children.<Là, tu les as accumulées !

The story of an hour is a really short story about a woman who died because of joy. We have the main characters Mrs Mallard, who is afflicted with a heart disease. Her husband is declared dead in a train crash. And the heroin is very happy indeed to learn that tragic death. At the beginning we think that Mrs Mallard died only because she was happy because her husband disappeared. But in fact, she died because she feels felt free. <Sois logique : tu es toujours dans le récit d'un évènement passé, terminé, sans lien avec le présent = prétérit Her wedding wasn't really happy. When she was young, she was strong and intelligent but after the marriage she became subdued. This wedding was like a jail for to her. So the fact that finally the cause of her misery, her husband, dies made her husband, died made her understand that she is was free; she can could now live the life that she always wanted. The narrator is omniscient because we can read the thoughts and everything that is going on. The vocabulary used is sustained and there are some metaphors this novel was really appreciated by the public at large So, Chopin showed that a relationship in a marriage can be sometimes be harmful.<Tu ne te relis donc pas ?

Finally, the last text was written by Jack Kerouac in 1957. This text is inscribed in the Beat Movement, which is a counter culture, with a rejection of norms and authority, a call for freedom. In those texts, we can see that the characters enjoy the present time, multiply experiences and celebrate non-conformity and obscenity. In the 1960's, the Beats influenced the hippie counterculture. In On the Road, Kerouac shows, with the teenagers, the importance of the movement to escape from immobility. There's also a random choice of the direction : they don't know where they're going, but they're going. In fact, they're indifferent to the destination and the prefer focusing themselves on the journey itself, leaving the past aside because they feel a desire to live life to the fullest.

As a conclusion, we can say that we have seen three different situations and three different relationships. The three authors show us a marriage in pride and prejudice that was maybe formerly based on love ( as well as social codes) but has become boring and more tragic form of “love” in the story of an hour where the wife is entrapped and has no time to take advantage of her new freedom and finally a friendship without conformity

• E-Bahut

Vos avis sur ghali93, S.V.P.

Une fois de plus, que faut-il penser de cet internaute fantôme ?

Sans doute pris de panique à la veille de son oral, voici quelqu'un  qui

> s'inscrit sur le forum le dimanche 15/06 à 12h21

> poste sa demande de correction le même jour à 16h15 (sans doute ne l'avait-il pas dactylographiée auparavant)

> se reconnecte sur le site le soir même à 21h32 pour ne plus y revenir.

Notez que j'ai posté ma réponse le soir même à 22h07. Ne pouvait-il patienter 35 minutes de plus ?

Même si je donne volontiers mon temps sans le compter, y compris le dimanche, j'ai du mal à encaisser pareille déconvenue.

Si le coeur vous en dit, je serais curieux de connaître vos avis et vous en remercie par avance.

• E-Bahut

Merci pour ton témoignage, Micheline. ;)

Personnellement et même si c'est forcément empirique, je considère que ma réponse a été lue en constatant que l'internaute s'est reconnecté au moins une fois de plus.

Depuis quelque temps, je supprime tous les sujets qui n'ont pas étés revus par leur auteur au bout de 10 jours, temporisation qui me paraît raisonnablement suffisante.

Auparavant, j'ai créé et verrouillé un message explicatif.

Bonne journée et vive e-bahut, même avec des internautes fantômes ! :)

Archivé

Ce sujet est désormais archivé et ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

• Créer...
spam filtering
spam filtering