Aller au contenu

Act of Union

Tau

Messages recommandés

Hello! I study linguistics at the university and I got an exercise to do for my english course. Could you please correct it?

You'll find attached the exercise. 

Here's what I've done so far: 

The Protestants in Ireland wanted their country to remain linked to Great Britain, whereas the Catholic population called for Ireland to become independent and thus rose for Catholic emancipation and parliamentary reform.
In order to restore solidarity between Ireland and Great Britain, and to avoid making Ireland an England's enemy, Pitt the Younger put the Act of Union into effect in 1800.
As consequences, the Dublin parliament was revoked, the Anglican Church became the official Church of Ireland and free trade agreements were established between Ireland and Britain. 

As a matter of fact, I don't know if I have to consider all the Act of Union decreed as consequences.

Thank you. :)

EDIT: I didn't precise it by the way, but if you have any comments or suggestions to make, I'll cheerfully take it! 

Exercise3.pdf

Modifié par Tau