Aller au contenu
CLarotte

Oral du bac "places and forms of power"

Messages recommandés

Bonjour,

Est-ce que quelqu'un aurait la gentillesse de corriger mon oral que j'ai fini de rédiger ?

Merci beaucoup !

Voici ce que j'ai fait :

Today, i’m going to deal with the notion « places and forms of power »

To begin with, I'd like to give a global definition. In politics and in social sciences, power is the ability to influence people’s behavior, the capacity to control people, resources or events. It is also the capacity to make things happen despite the obstacles, resistance or opposition. men and their opinions. Generally, power is related to strong powers like law, money, media, politics, economics, etc. But that doesn’t mean that man and their opinions aren’t powerfull. We may wonder to what extent can everybody have power ? We will see in a fisrt part that everybody may have power but a power is also threated to be collapse.

Firstly, people we see as weak aren’t powerless. Indeed, in class we have seen a short film nammed “the butterfly circus”. It is about a limbless man, Will, and he is bitter and unhappy at his job in a carnival which consists in being exhibited as a circus freak for entertaining customers. But he decides to leave the carnival, hiding on one of the Butterfly Circus trucks to escape. Will gets to know his new friends and learns that many of them have a sad past, but that Mr. Mendez has given them a second chance in life. One day Will accidentally realizes that he can swim, so he decides to perform a difficult act in the circus while before he thought he couldn’t do anything. Will is now happy since he is in the show not because of his odd appearance but because of who he is and what he can do. This movie illustrate that the determination, that even the weaken has, is a power. Will is limbless but strong minded and he went throught hardships to succed at last. Everybody has mind power.

Then, a new power is emerging from youg entrepreners. The article “‘I’m not even 30, and I’m flying my own jet’ from Los Angeles times, and written this years points out this power. People are flying jets because it’s like an achieving in their live, doing something with their own hands. In California, most of the people lerning to fly are in the tech sector of the silicon beach. The trend reflects rising fortunes in Silicon Beach. In the last year alone, Google, Apple and Facebook have each gobbled up hundreds of thousands of square feet of Westside office space. These ventures are establishing in California where it is the birth of a new kind of people : they want to make money.

So, it seems to me that it may be possible for everybody to have power with the mind power or the one of young entrepreners.

In an other hand, the power of a person can be limited. This is the case whith Trump and the NRA. An article extracts from New York Times describes the relation betwenn them. The NRA is the National Rifle Association and it protects gun rights in America. The problem that the document shows is Trump never stop flip-flopping with NRA which is his the main contributor in Trump’s campaign in 2016. In one side, he needs to keep the NRA as an ally, but in an other side, he pledged to reform gun control after many shootings. It raises the problem of black-mail.Political elits are probably not so powerfull that can be bribe. Influence and money can be stronger than a strong power.

Moreover, power in itself can be fragile. In a CNN 10 report, in september, they mentions a drones attack on oil plant in Saudie Arabia and half the production had been disrupted. The aftermath are tensions which appiered betwenn Iran and Yemen. Each side accused the other of being responsible. A strong economical power can be weaken by other forces. Power can collapse. It is unsteady.

To conclued, I think that indeed, power is accessible for everybody, but it is aslo temporary. Somebody can be powerfull one day, but the futher day, he is no more. In my mind, there is always an other power above an other. A weak person is powerfull, whereas power is fragile.

Bonne année !

Bonsoir et bienvenue sur e-bahut.

Today, i’m going to deal with the notion « places and forms of power »

To begin with, I'd like to give a global definition. In politics and in social sciences, power is the ability to influence people’s behavior, the capacity to control people, resources or events. It is also the capacity to make things happen despite the obstacles, resistance or opposition. men and their opinions. Generally, power is related to strong powers like law, money, media, politics, economics, etc. But that doesn’t mean that man and their opinions aren’t powerfull. We may wonder to what extent can everybody can have power. ? <C’est une interrogative indirecte dont l’ordre des mots doit être celui d’une affirmative. We will see in a first part that everybody may have power but a power is also threatened to be collapse.

Firstly, people we see as weak ones aren’t powerless. Indeed, in class we have seen a short film nammed “the butterfly circus”. It is about a limbless man, Will, and he is bitter and unhappy at his job in a carnival which consists in being exhibited as a circus freak for entertaining customers. But he decides to leave the carnival, hiding in one of the Butterfly Circus trucks to escape. Will gets to know his new friends and learns that many of them have a sad past, but that Mr. Mendez has given them a second chance in life. One day Will accidentally realizes that he can swim, so he decides to perform a difficult act in the circus while before he thought he couldn’t do anything. Will is now happy since he is in the show not because of his odd appearance but because of who he is and what he can do. This movie illustrates that the determination that which even the weaker has, is a power. Will is limbless but strong minded and he went throught hardships to succeed at last. Everybody has mind power.

Then, a new power is emerging from young entrepreneurs. <Emprunt du français The article “‘I’m not even 30, and I’m flying my own jet’ from Los Angeles times, and written this years points out this power. People are flying jets because it’s like an achievingement in their lives, doing something with their own hands. In California, most of the people learning to fly are in the tech sector of the Silicon beach Valley. The trend reflects rising fortunes in the Silicon Beach.<bis In the last year alone, Google, Apple and Facebook have each gobbled up hundreds of thousands of square feet of Westside office space. These ventures are establishing in California where it is the birth of a new kind of people: they want to make money.

So, it seems to me that it may be possible for everybody to have power with the mind power or the one of young entrepreners. <bis

In another hand, the power of a person can be limited. This is the case whith Trump and the NRA. An article extracts from the New York Times describes the relation between them. The NRA is the National Rifle Association and it protects gun rights in America. The problem that the document shows is Trump never stops flip-flopping with the NRA which is was <2016 c’est du passé, non ? his the main contributor in Trump’s his campaign in 2016. In one side On the one hand he needed to keep the NRA as an ally, but in on the other side hand he pledged to reform gun control after many shootings. It raises the problem of black-mail. Political elites are probably not so powerful that can let themselves be bribed. Influence and money can be stronger than a strong power.

Moreover, power in itself can be fragile. In A CNN 10 report in September they mentioned a drones attack on oil plants in Saudi Arabia and half the production had been disrupted. The aftermath are tensions which appeared between Iran and Yemen. Each side accused the other of being responsible. A strong economical power can be weakened by other forces. Power can collapse. It is unsteady.

To conclude I think that indeed power is accessible for to everybody but it is also temporary. Somebody can be powerful <1 seul l, mémorise le une bonne fois pour toutes, ça n'a rien à voir avec l'adjectif "full" ! one day but the futher next/following day he is no more so. In my mind, there is always another <En 1 seul mot aussi ! power above an other. A weak person is powerfull, whereas power is fragile.

Si tu n’es pas dyslexique et ne souffres pas de dysorthographie, tu as intérêt à te relire très attentivement afin d’éviter les inversions de lettres dont tu es coutumière. Pense que personne ne te les corrigera lors des épreuves écrites du bac.