Aller au contenu

Décrire les sentiments d'un personnage

Julie MERCURE

Messages recommandés

He said his name was Darren, and claimed he was 16, but he was probably younger. One thing was certain - he was homeless and confused.

As he sat shivering in the living room of her three-storey house in the Harehills district of Leeds, Bernadette Quinn fried vegetarian burgers and nagged her young daughters to set the table. Mrs Quinn, a teacher, is a volunteer on Nightstop, a project launched six years ago by a branch of an arm of Barnardos to provide emergency accommodation for the homeless in the houses of ordinary people. There are now 20 such projects across the country and 30 in the pipeline. Most are set up by church groups, in response to the 'Faith in the City' campaign. The funding varies; the Leeds project receives 25 per cent from the Government and hosts are paid pounds 5 a night.

Darren was trading his pitch on the canal bank for a bed in her spare room. He can stay one night only, then he must move on - those are the rules. He had been beaten by his stepfather since he was five, then thrown out by his mother after he telephoned the police to report the abuse. It didn't surprise Mrs Quinn: 'Nothing shocks me any more.'

Darren left the next morning. No one knows what became of him, and Mrs Quinn is not about to start searching. She is not being heartless - just realistic. With a full-time job, two daughters, aged 11 and 12, and a relationship with her boyfriend, she has her priorities.

'I can give a homeless person a bed for the night, a survival guide, advice on benefits and bus fare. But I cannot solve their problems.'

Every month, up to seven homeless people share her home. But she knows there are limits. 'You cannot afford to get too involved - it would take over your life.'

What is the motivation for joining this scheme? 'Because I am a Christian. I care about the homeless and I have got a spare room. At least I am doing something. It is that simple, no hidden agenda.'

Every day in Leeds, one in seven children between the ages of 14 and 16 runs away from home, at the very least for one night, according to the Children's Society. The unlucky ones run straight into the arms of drug pushers and pimps. They can be found working in massage parlours and brothels. The lucky ones might end up with a Nightstop bed. Last year 182 people were given emergency accommodation on the scheme in Leeds, which targets 16- to 25-year-olds, although the age rule is often ignored. Every night six or seven families are on standby, out of the 63 registered on the project. Volunteer co-ordinators contact them by telephone or pager.

Hilary Willmer, Nightstop co-ordinator, insists it is easy to weed out the good applicants from the unsuitable. 'Many of the hosts are churchgoers, but they do not have to be. We do not want proselytism. People who come to Nightstop have been through enough, without someone badgering them about religion. If they ask, discuss it, if they don't, then don't.

'We look for relaxed, liberal-minded people. If volunteers approach us saying things like, 'Homeless people need to sort themselves out, they should stick with their parents,' then we know they are unsuitable.'

There is a golden rule at Nightstop which, understandably, is often broken: 'Do not get emotionally involved'. The one-night- only rule is there to prevent that from happening.

'If the host family breaks that, then they are going to learn the hard way. Trying to be parent and counsellor to a homeless person is courting disaster. When you fail everyone feels let down.

Bonsoir, vous pouvez m'aider svp

Il faut que je décrive les sentiments de m'aider Mr Quinn

She(It) is really generous, and voluntary to offer of the food to the people homeless persons

She(It) should be sad and affected(touched) by their situation in brief she(it) is above all to help them I would say that she could be Sensitive and to  rasced to see them

• E-Bahut

Bonsoir,

il y a 38 minutes, Clémentine0022 a dit :

Bonsoir, vous pouvez m'aider svp

Il faut que je décrive les sentiments de m'aider Mrs Quinn.

She (It) is really generous and voluntary volunteers to offer of the food to the people homeless people/persons room and board. = le gîte et le couvert 

Une bonne fois pour toutes, note et mémorise que l'adjectif se place DEVANT le nom qui vient donc APRÈS !

She (It) should be sad and affected/touched by their situation. In brief, she (it) is there above all to help them overnight. I would say that she could be sensitive and to rasced to see them < ???

J'ajoute ici ton premier jet corrigé et amélioré, suivi de ma participation tout en vert. Tu choisiras entre les 3.

Mrs Quinn is a really very generous person. mistress(teacher)

She was able to offered by the food and offers him room and board for one night of stay.

She should be sad and scream in near in the presence of these abused/mistreated children. mistreated < l’adjectif se place DEVANT le nom

We can underline of the traumatis < Hors sujet puisqu’il est seulement question des sentiments de Mrs Quinn.

She is an understanding, a generous yet a realistic person.

She helps her one-night guests but she is very careful not to get involved, which is the one-night rule number one.

• E-Bahut

De rien mais dès à présent révise complètement les bases de la grammaire que tu aurais dû acquérir au collège, sinon à la fin de l'année scolaire il sera trop tard.

Archivé

Ce sujet est désormais archivé et ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

• Créer...
spam filtering
spam filtering