Aller au contenu

English presentation N° 2

Laurine.V

Messages recommandés

Hello! 

I'm studying English at univesity and I have to write a course. I do that but I'd like someone with a good English level to correct my work. 

I think that there are some tense and grammar mistakes.

Thank you in advance.

Here is my work:

1)      Introduction

Good morning everyone!

We are the A.B.M. “A” like Abby, “B” for Betty and “M” like Maggy. We are sisters and we have created an association in order to speak about the prejudices which invade our society.

We have been doing this for months, intervening in universities so as to speak about prejudices with students like you. We deeply think that your point of view and your feelings could be worthwhile and interesting for our experiment.

Today we came to your class and we hope you will like this experiment.

2)      Presentation of the activity

First of all, we will introduce you a little experiment realized in 1994 by Macrae, Milne and Bodenhausen.

To do this experiment, we need to separate the class into two groups. The first group will wait in the corridor while the other one will stay here with us.

3)      Passation

First group:

Well, everybody has to take a pen and a piece of paper. I am going to read out a list of adjectives one time, then, you have to memorize it and report it on your piece of paper.

So, James is an artist : he is creative, warm, selfish, capricious, active, unconventional, generous, progressive, sensitive, brave

You can write down what you memorized!

How many people have below five words on his paper?

Now I’m going to ask you to wait in the corridor!

Second group:

Welcome back everybody. You will only need a piece of paper and a pen! I’m going to read you a list of adjectives about James and you have to memorize it.

Are you ready? James is creative, warm, selfish, capricious, active, unconventional, generous, progressive, sensitive, brave. 

You can write down what you memorized! How many people have below five words on his paper?

So, everybody come back in class now!

I’m going to explain you what just happened. To the students of the first group, I told them ONE more thing about James, that he is an artist. Thanks to that precision, you categorized him and you should have memorized more words than the second group.

First possibility:

It worked on this group! In fact, (nombre) members of the first group have memorized more than five words against (nombre) for the second group.

Second possibility:

Unfortunately, it didn’t work on this group… But it’s very good!! You aren’t influenced by stereotypes!

Conclusion

That’s it, we are done! We hope you enjoyed this experiment!

As a matter of fact, we are very thankful; we have a good time with you and you were very implicated which is great!

Thank you once again and have a nice day!

• E-Bahut

Bonjour,

Si tu dois multiplier les présentations en utilisant toujours le même titre, je te suggère de les numéroter sinon je vais finir par m'y perdre. :o

PS Je l'ai fait pour les 2 premières car je suppose qu'il y en aura d'autres.

Posté(e) il y a 16 heures

Hello! 

I'm studying English at univesity and I have to write a course. I do that but I'd like someone with a good English level to correct my work. 

I think that there are some tense and grammar mistakes.

Thank you in advance.

Here is my work:

1)      Introduction

Good morning everyone!

We are the A.B.M. “A” like Abby, “B” for Betty and “M” like Maggy. We are sisters and we have created an association in order to speak about the prejudices which invade our society.

We have been doing this for months, intervening in universities so as to speak about prejudices with students like you. We deeply think that your point of view and your feelings could be worthwhile and interesting for our experiment.

Today we've come  came to your class and we hope you will like this experiment. < Quand tu dis cela, la journée n'est pas terminée = present perfect

2)      Presentation of the activity

First of all, we're going to  will introduce you present/show a little experiment realized in 1994 by Macrae, Milne and Bodenhausen.

To do this experiment, we need to separate the class into two groups. The first group will wait in the corridor while the other one will stay here with us.

3)      Passation Execution

First group:

Well, everybody has to take a pen and a piece of paper. I am going to read out a list of adjectives one time once then you have to memorize it and report it on your piece of paper.

So, James is an artist : he is creative, warm, selfish, capricious, active, unconventional, generous, progressive, sensitive, brave

You can write down what you memorized!

How many people have below five words on his their papers? < Et les accords alors ?

Now I’m going to ask you to wait in the corridor!

Second group:

Welcome back everybody. You will only need a piece of paper and a pen! I’m going to read you a list of adjectives about James and you have to memorize it.

Are you ready? James is creative, warm, selfish, capricious, active, unconventional, generous, progressive, sensitive, brave. 

You can write down what you memorized! How many people have below five words on his paper? < Rebelote !

So, everybody come back in class now!

I’m going to explain to you what just happened. To the students of the first group, I told them ONE more thing about James, that he is an artist. Thanks to that precision, you categorized him and you should have memorized more words than the second group.

First possibility:

It worked on this group! In fact, (nombre) members of the first group have memorized more than five words against (nombre) for the second group.

Second possibility:

Unfortunately, it didn’t work on this group… But it’s very good!! You aren’t influenced by stereotypes!

Conclusion

That’s it, we are done! We hope you enjoyed this experiment!

As a matter of fact, we are very thankful; we have had a good time with you and you were very implicated involved, which is great!

Thank you once again and have a nice day!

Archivé

Ce sujet est désormais archivé et ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

• Créer...
spam filtering
spam filtering