Aller au contenu

Michael Peterson case / plea

Laurine.V

Messages recommandés

Hello! 

I'm studying English at univesity and I have to write a plea. I do that but I'd like someone with a good English level to correct my work. 

I think that there are some tense and grammar mistakes.

Thank you in advance.

Here is my work

Introduction

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, today, Michael Perterson might cross the rest of his days in jail.

Certainly, it's a necessary punishment for a murder. But don't you think that this punishment has to be justified by absolute certainty of the truthfulness of the charges ?

Don't you think that punish an innocent is one of the most unfair thing which can exist ? 

Today, Mr Peterson is accused of hs wife murder, but please, confine yourself to evidence !

Part 1 : Review of the facts / evidence

- Have we the testimony of someone who saw the murder ? NO

- Has Michael ever been violent towards Kaithleen or someone else ? OF COURSE NOT. The testimony of his children and his ex-wife allow us to say that MIchael was a very kind person who loved and took care about his family. The only on which is based violence hypothesis is the second autopsy of Elisabeth R. But, ladies and gentlemen, do you really think that in this case in which since the beginning makes my client a perfect murderer, an autopsy realized by the same person that gor Kaithleen case is admissible ? 

- The prosecution attempted to find the murder weapon, but it's definitively cannot be that ! The arguments raised are not consistent with the case.

You know, hunger for power and search for revenge are the worst danger in our society and all this case, I can assure you, is completely get up to punish Michael Peterson not for a crime but for questioned the credibility of some important persons. Please, don't be a part of this unfairness !   

Part 2 : Family 

Today, Michael Peterson will be traumatized by all the events and charges against him for the rest of his life.

Besides the pain of his wife's death, because yes he loved her sincerly !! Michael is charged with her murder on the one hand but also with the murder of Elisabeth R. on a other hand. 

My client will be accused of a murder for all the woman he loved in his life? 

Who among you will have the courage to suffer charges which involve your innocence and your honesty ? 

Michael Peterson had this courage because he went to save his family and face Kaithleen's death with them because he loves them sincerly ! 

Conclusion

I'm convinced that the power of love is more stronger as manipulation. You have all the elements to make a fair decision.

Thank you.

• E-Bahut

Bonjour,

Le 20/03/2017 at 00:26, Laurine.V a dit :

Hello! 

I'm studying English at univesity and I have to write a plea. I've done it do that but I'd like someone with a good English level to correct my work. 

I think that there are some tense and grammar mistakes.

Thank you in advance.

Here is my work

Introduction

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, today, Michael Perterson might cross :wacko: spend the rest of his days in jail.

Certainly, it's a necessary punishment for a murder. But don't you think that this punishment has to be justified by absolute certainty of the truthfulness of the charges? << Bonjour la légèreté et l'élégance de cette fin de phrase ! L'anglais, langue pragmatique, s'embarrasse rarement de formulations tarabiscotées pour aller à l'essentiel. Pour faire court, il en écrit moins pour en dire autant !

Don't you think that punishing an innocent is one of the most unfair things which that can exist? << C'est le relatif obligatoire après un superlatif.

Today, Mr Peterson is accused of hs wife murder murdering his wife but please, confine yourselves to evidence! << Les jurés ne sont-ils pas au nombre de douze ? :rolleyes:

Part 1 : Review of the facts / evidence

- Do we have the testimony of someone who saw the murder? NO << En tant que verbe ordinaire, "have" en suit les mêmes règles, à la fois pour les formes interrogative et négative.

- Has Michael ever been violent towards Kaithleen or someone else? OF COURSE NOT. The testimony of his children and his ex-wife allow us to say that MIchael was is a very kind person who loved and took care about his family. << Il a beau être accusé, il n'en reste pas moins brave homme, non ? The only on which is based violence hypothesis is the second autopsy of Elisabeth R. << Ça n'a pas de sens. But, ladies and gentlemen, do you really think that in this case in which since the beginning makes my client a perfect murderer, an autopsy realized by the same person that gor Kaithleen case is admissible ? << À reformuler clairement car c'est à la limite du compréhensible.

- The prosecution attempted to find the murder weapon, but it's definitively cannot be that! << Et bonjour la grammaire ! :( The arguments raised are not consistent with the case.

You know, hunger for power and search for revenge are the worst dangers in our society and all this case, I can assure you, is has been completely get up forged to punish Michael Peterson not for a crime but for questioned questioning the credibility of some important persons. Please, don't be a part of this unfairness!   

Part 2 : Family 

Today, Michael Peterson will be traumatized by all the events and charges against him for the rest of his life.

Besides the pain of he still grieves for his wife's death because yes he loved her sincerely! Michael is charged with her murder not only accused of murdering her but also with the murder of Elisabeth R.

Will my client will be accused of a murder for all the women he loved in his life? << Et la forme interrogative, tu en connais les règles ? Et les noms à pluriel irrégulier aussi ?

Who among you will have the courage to suffer charges which involve your innocence and your honesty? 

Michael Peterson had this courage because he went to save his family and face Kaithleen's death with them because he loves them sincerly! << Faudrait m'expliquer ce que je suis censé comprendre là ! :rolleyes:

Conclusion

I'm convinced that the power of love is more :angry: stronger as :angry: than manipulation. You have all the elements to make a fair decision.

Thank you.

Je te le dis crûment : sauf rares passages, tu n'écris pas de l'anglais mais du français traduit vers l'anglais, ce qui n'est pas tout à fait la même chose, if you see what I mean...

Archivé

Ce sujet est désormais archivé et ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

• Créer...
spam filtering
spam filtering